Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Eighth Doctor Review Update

So I never thought I would actually have to update the Eighth Doctor, as I figured his run was over in the movie.  But as you're well aware, Paul McGann's Doctor came back in Night of the Doctor with quite possibly the greatest intro line ever given the context: "I'm a Doctor, but probably not the one you were expecting."  Not gonna lie, I flipped out when he appeared, and the segment was really what the Eighth Doctor needed: some closure and establishment of character.  Like many people, I had a hard time imagining the mild-mannered Eighth Doctor going to war, so it was interesting to see that he did not, and the hatred for himself when forcing his regeneration into something that could is vividly apparent.  But what caught my attention the most was his final line.  "Physician, heal thyself" is an except from Luke 4:23, further driving home his connections with being the Second Coming that I pointed out years ago.  Looks like Steven Moffat also caught that link.

Hoping to actually continue these posts again sometime soon!  My comic, Spoofy Randomness, is drawing to a close soon, so that will open up more time.  If you haven't read it, you should.  Those of you stumbling onto this blog because of the Doctor Who connections, Matt Smith is a regular character in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment